Thursday, June 28, 2012

In Baltimore


We’ve arrived in Baltimore MD and are resting in the hotel after an uneventful flight. We will be meeting with Dr Lei Zheng tomorrow at 11 AM ET. He is one of the leading researchers at Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center at Johns Hopkins Medical Center. Only the LORD could orchestrate an appointment like this so quickly and we are so thankful for our friend Peggy Howard who was the impetus for this. Our son Chris is flying up tonight to meet us and provide a much needed additional set of eyes and ears to all that we’ll see and hear.

We have no idea what tomorrow holds. So here are some specific prayer requests:
  • That Teresa will rest well tonight
  • That any anxiety or worry will be taken away
  • That Dr Zheng and his staff will have wisdom
  • That Teresa, Chris and I will have wisdom and peace for any decisions that we have to make
  • That Jesus will be glorified through our thoughts, words, actions and attitudes

That’s it for now. Keep praying. The nation of Israel has now represented in our prayer covering.

8 comments:

Bill Stark said...

I pray it is so tomorrow. Thank you in advance Father for your great, strong hand of healing, wisdom and peace. May the special presence of your Spirit come over the entire hospital.

Molly Benoist Eaton said...

Praying, praying! Love you all

Sheryl said...

We will continue to intercede on your behalf. We commit to praying with you and for you until God directs otherwise! Love you guys!

Keri Mason said...

Steve, I don't know if you remember me but I came with the Brook Hills team for the second week during the summer of 2009. Just want to let you know our family will be faithfully praying for Theresa and you and Alfie. Please hug her neck for me and give her my love.

Kaye said...

I will continue to lift you guys up to the Father. I pray that tomorrow you will be filled with His peace as you hear the thoughts and recommendations of the doctors there at the Cancer Center. I pray that you will be given guidance and wisdom in any decisions. I know by evidence of your lives that you seek to glorify Christ in all things, this situation being another example. Love you both!

jackphausen said...

Jordan and I are praying for you

Peggy said...

Today is the day. I know how hard the waiting is. I am praying for you as you have your 11 a.m. appointment at Johns Hopkins with Dr. Zheng. You are in good hands -- God's first and foremost, and then Dr. Zheng's and sweet Carol's. Keep Jeremiah 29:11 in your hearts today. Big hugs, Peggy

LauraKatherine Logan said...

all my love and prayers!