Friday, July 6, 2012

Chemo + 4 Days Update


I have to start by giving thanks and praise to Jesus. We are now 4 full days beyond our first chemo treatment and the side effects have been manageable. Teresa has been extremely fatigued and she has had pretty intense body aches, but the other promised side effects have failed to materialize. I believe that this is nothing short of the LORD’s supernatural (His “normal”) response to all of your prayers.

While Teresa’s appetite hasn’t been great, she is good about eating. Last night, she ate the best I’ve seen her eat since we got the diagnosis three weeks ago.

I’ve had a great response to the last blog asking for four people to intently pray for breakthrough for Teresa’s healing. I don’t think we necessarily have to take the idea literally and have only four. If you are feeling called, don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m reminded of Jonathan’s admonition to his armor bearer in I Samuel 14:6. “Perhaps the Lord will help us, for nothing can hinder the Lord. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!”

I expect Teresa to become stronger over the next week. Our next treatment is July 16. You can begin to pray for continued protection of her body as we go for the second round. As I was praying for her the other night, I felt as though I heard the Holy Spirit tell me that He was putting a cocoon around her. That is a comforting image for me.

We continue the journey. There is nothing easy about it, so pray that we will remain strong and faithful.

Love you all.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

So many things I see everyday remind me of Teresa and I pray for her every time. I think of our time at the beach just a few weeks ago and remember little things that occurred and use those as constant reminders to pray for her. This battle is not your own, you have many prayer warriors fighting it with you and that is amazing. I pray that His strength will be so strong to get your through all the bad days.